*

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Overheard Cashier and Bagger talking about a Couponer @ Foodtown Beltway 8/Beechnut

I went to Food Town tonight, as I was checking out  the bagger told the cashier look at her she is buying sugar now. She said the manager get mad at her for using all those coupons. I turned around to see who she was talking about. A couponers was buying 10 packages of sugars. Five people had purchase 10 packages of sugar as I stood in the line and they didn't say a word about the other five. Two women and three men. So I asked the bagger what was wrong with her buying the 10 packages of sugar when she didn't say anything about the other fives. She look at me and said "she is using coupons". Then I asked whats wrong with that.   She said "she always use coupons".  And????

1 comment:

  1. I had a very sweet Walmart cashier that said to me she loved it when her customers got a great deal through ad-matching and using coupons. The only thing she didn't like was when a customer ONLY bought the best deals, and didn't get anything else. I just smiled and explained to her that not everyone shops in the same way. And what you might see in a SINGLE transaction isn't necessarily indicative of all their trips. Once you've been couponing for long enough, you often don't NEED a lot of other items, since you're usually already stocked up at home. We just have to keep smiling and keep teaching. Hopefully what I said to her that day will stick with her the next time she sees a couponer stocking up on sale items.

    ReplyDelete