*

Monday, May 16, 2011

H-E-B'S GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Krogers Take Notes... via Playa: Frugal Darling


So you guys remember the problem I had with the Coffee-Mate Creamer deal at HEB, right? HEB had their Coffee-Mate Liquid Creamers on sale Buy 2 get 1 FREE with in-store coupon. So I'd tried to buy 3, use 2 FREE coupons I'd received in the mail, and the Yellow In-store coupon for a 3rd one FREE. Needless to say, this ended up being a pain. The coupon wouldn't validate, the cashiers and customer service reps didn't know why it wasn't working, the line was long, my ice cream was melting, etc. In the end, I left the store with only the 2 FREE Coffee-Mates, but emailed HEB headquarters the next day to report the issue.

Several days later, I received a personal email from a local store manager, explaining that she wanted to
make the situation right with me. I was thrilled! So I went to the store today to collect the FREE Coffee-Mate I'd been offered and spoke to the manager there, only to find I'd been having email conversations with the manager at ANOTHER store. Still, he let me explain the situation and then promptly marched me back to the creamer isle and let me choose TWO FREE CREAMERS for my trouble. I tried telling him that one was plenty, but he insisted, and was so very nice -- smiles the entire time. He said he wanted his HEB customers to be happy. And I certainly was!! This is how you earn customer loyalty, folks! So I'll be sending another email to headquarters to let them know how wonderfully I was treated. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my HEB store!


I bought a large amount of meat today too, but here's what I got with coupons...
2 Coffee-Mate Creamers 16 oz. @ $0.00 each!!
Final Cost: 2 FREE!!
**Thanks, HEB!!



2 KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauces @ $1 each

- $1/1 coupons from the 5/15 SS

Final Cost: 2 FREE!!



2 Lunchable Sub Sandwich Kits 3.7 oz @ $1.38 each

- $1/2 peelies found on package

Final Cost: $0.88 each



1 Nescafe Tasters Choice 7 ct. @ $1

- $1/1 coupon found inside package

Final Cost: FREE!!

**Looks like I need to check all the packages I've bought recently. Coupon was found inside a package bought this month, but expires August 2011. Seems they put these coupons in packages that expire Sept. 2011 or earlier. Anyone that regularly reads this blog knows I'm obsessed with these.



Similac Sensitive 1 Qt. Ready to Feed @ $3.84

- $5/1 coupon from the 4/3 SS

Final Cost: FREE + $1.16 overage



Final total for everything in the picture -- just $0.60!! But I also bought $20 dollars worth of meat. When you value your customers, and show how much you appreciate them, it makes them WANT to spend money in your stores. Kroger should take notes!

1 comment:

  1. So in love with my HEB store!! Definitely going to try and give them preference in my regular shopping trips as a result of this great customer service experience. :D

    Thanks for sharing with your readers, Avery! I think it's so important for us to praise great customer service when we see it!! I never really appreciated the "value" of good customer service until I started dealing with the Kroger issue. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete